Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Starting out snowboarding?

I used to ski a lot when I was younger but since no one does anymore I am taking up snowboarding. I want buy gear suyitable for a beginner but I am going to be going with people who are pretty good already. What do i need in terms of boots bindings and board. (im male and in my early twenties and a little on the short side if that helps). Tell me what i need or give me a good link that wil help








thanks

Starting out snowboarding?
There are a lot of factors to consider. What kind of riding do you like to do? Are you planning on progressing? - if so then you should probably get a board which you can keep for a while to get better with. how often will you be boarding? Also, to determine the length of your board i would need to know how tall and how much you weigh. i would head over to a sport chalet or any other shop and talk to someone in the snowboard department, they can help you pick out a board that is right for you.
Reply:Try this snowboard size calculator to get an idea of the size and type of board that would work best for you:





http://www.frostyrider.com/tips/size-gui...





You will need a stomp pad, a leash, good snowboard pants and jacket, a hat or helmet, and the best gloves that you can afford.





My favorite board / bindings are made by Ride and K2.





Good Luck



flower

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive