Saturday, October 24, 2009

Do any snowshoes work well with ski boots?

I want to backcountry ski and was wondering if anyone had any good or bad experiences using ski boots in snowshoes or if any brand snowshoes work better for this than others?

Do any snowshoes work well with ski boots?
You're not going to do well with your Alpine ski boots. They have too much forward lean to them.


There are boots made for Backcountry skiing (Randonee skiing). The boots are called Touring Boots. They have hiking soles on them and a hinged cuff.


I do it the old way and pack two sets of boots, but I backcountry ski with some friends that use the touring boots. The nice thing about these boots is that they can go from a walking boot to a skiing boot with a flip of a lever. and when you come to an uphill trail you can drop your skis, put on some skins and use your skis to go up hill.


One of my backcountry friends is on Scarpa's and the other is on Garmont's. They both say that their boots are the most comfortable boots that they have ever owned. I'm looking into buying touring boots myself (so my friends will not have to wait for me to swich boots on the hills, and to lessen my pack weight) the cost is from $500.00 - $650.00.


Try using Randonee skiing or Touring Boots as your search.


Also look at Backcountry's web site:





http://www.backcountry.com/store/group/2...





http://www.rei.com/skiing





Have fun in the Backcountry; and ski a run for me.



loan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive