Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'm so confused I don't know what to do.?

I am 14 years old and on Saturday I sprained my knee skiing. I felt alot of pain(I grabbed my knee) but it went away a little so I continued to ski.(I felt a pop when it happened so that probably wasn't the best idea)Well we finnaly left and when I took my boot off I put on my shoe and than I put my snow boots on. I was limping alot and by the end of the night if I moved my knee at all I got extreme pain. My knee felt better the next day but I went to the urgent care anyway. they gave me a brace and gave me crutches, but I didn't use them(they hurt so bad) anyway I went to school and have been sitting out in gym. but my knee has been the same for the past 3 days, it's not worse nor better. My other knee is starting to bother me because I have been limping around and it is starting to pop out at random times. it is still tender when you touch it though/put pressure on the right side. I havn't used the crutches for the past 3 days so I'm worried that I could be hurting it worse.

I'm so confused I don't know what to do.?
Did you tell the doctors you heard it pop? They didn't take an MRI or anything of it? It might just be sprained, but you could have torn one of your ligamens in which case you may need surgery. If it's just a sprain, it will take a while to heal.





You could always go in for a second opinion or call your primary care physician and ask him if he thinks you got the proper care.





In the mean time, try to take it easy and not to limp around too much, don't hurt your other knee.



dental

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive