Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why does a snowboard have to be one of the big ones to use it at a hill with a lift?

My kids snowboard, and they have the kind with bindings and snowboard boots, etc. My sister just bought a snowboard for her 5 year old that has those bindings that are more like flaps, and you wear your regular boots. The underside is not flat, and the board is not quite as substantial as my kids boards.





My kids say that he won't be allowed to use it on the ski hill they go to, and the staff at the hill says he wants to see it before he makes a decision. Now, I totally am fine with it, but can someone tell me WHY this is so I can tell my sister (so she doesn't embarrass me by throwing a fit at the ski hill)?





Thanks!

Why does a snowboard have to be one of the big ones to use it at a hill with a lift?
Second is right. It might have like plastic edges witch might not be able to grip the snow on turns stops etc. The strap's ratchets will prolly get week eventually if the teeth on them are plastic and then easily slide off making the board slide off the boots....not a good thing if you are on a chairlift. Just don't do it man. Tell your sister not to do it. Tell you kids not to do it. Stay safe. But she could go too the resort, ask and if it isn't good, just get a rental. Or you could send in a digital picture to the guy via email or mail. Hope I helped. O and the bindings don't have to be "non-releasable" like the other person said. They have to relaese only when YOU WANT THEM TOO. Not slip off while you are riding.
Reply:For safety reasons, the snowboard has to have non-releasable bindings. If it doesn't, it could come off the feet of the rider and careen down the hill and kill someone. Also, it needs to have metal edges so that it will carve in the snow. This will keep the rider and surrounding riders safer.



leather handbag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive