Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How should my feet be positioned when I snowboard?

Here is what they look like right now:


http://lair.uwaterloo.ca/Keith/snowboard... (If the right side is the front, in other words, my boots are facing almost straight, but tilted a tiny bit towards the front.)





Or is this right?:


http://www.chinawholesalegift.com/pic/Sk...





Or are they supposed to be opposite eachother, like one boot facing toward the front and one facing towards the back?





Please explain to me which one is most common and the easiest to use! THANKS!!!





Ps. Do you want easy 10 points?

How should my feet be positioned when I snowboard?
Both boards are set right. The first is set for goofy foot and the second for regular. Your bindings should be set to what is comfortable to you. If you ride a skateboard, surf or wakeboard, then they should be set to an equivalent riding position. Generally, the front foot is set at 17-25 degrees and the back foot is set at 0-5 degrees. If you ride switch, then you might want to try riding a duckfoot stance. This is where borth bondings are set at the same opposite angles. I ride duckfoot and have my bindings set to +27. -27 degrees. This is not a very common stance for most riders, but is gaining in popularity, especially with twin tip board riders.



scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive