Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My sons size 5 boot doesn't seem to fit in the toe of the Solomon S305 bindings that I bought.How can I tell?

These are used rental 130 skis that I bought online. I figured out how to adjust the binding to fit and change the tension. But the front toe of the boot barely catches the edge of the toe of the binding. The other three I bought are fine. Do I need adult binding for this size of a boot? He's only 10 years ole

My sons size 5 boot doesn't seem to fit in the toe of the Solomon S305 bindings that I bought.How can I tell?
Jim W is totally right here. Take the skis in right away before using them. It is always best to have someone certified check over your gear to make sure everything is working before sending them out... especially if you just purchased them.





Now that i've said the "naggy" part of this answer, on to the real answer:


The problem you are having is such a classic scenario of rentals skis... especially the salomon bindings you are talking about. We deal with those bindings all the time. Basically, the binding you have is set up to be a beginner's binding that isn't actually going to really support a skier whom is any better than a light blue run. Sadly, they just don't tend to hold up due to that toe-piece issue. For a 10 year old however, you may find that those bindings are going to be the best thing! As he grows up however, he's going to need some better gear as i'm sure you know.


*tension = din setting*
Reply:Take the skis and boots t a ski shop and have them all adjusted correctly. Unless you have the correct chart for adjusting the bindings to the boot for his weight and ability, you are risking leg injury to your family. They can also check the bindings for reliability. Rental equipment that is heavily used for several season, may be worn more than a pair of privately owned skiis.



Hotel reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive